The QEnergySpa, why it is safe
The QEnergySpa has been designed and constructed with the end users utmost safety in mind. No expense has been spared in the manufacture of the Q ENERGYspa®. The QEnergySpa features many safety aspects, some of which are outlined below.
Last updated: April 2008
Safety Features of the QEnergySpa
The QEnergySpa is built to meet the very stringent International Electrical Safety Standards, IEC 60601.1 and is compliant with the domestic CE mark.
The unit is powered by AC and when plugged into your wall it delivers a very specific DC (Direct Current) between 0.3 Amps to 3 Amps at about 27 volts DC, with a maximum of 30 volts DC.
- The QEnergySpa has been tested by the Australian Government Testing Facilities to ensure it complies with both electrical and the Medical Standards. Being built to the Medical Standard ensures a number of safety aspects such as fuse protection on both the active and the neutral power cables to the Unit.
- The output is short-circuit protected, ensuring that if there is an external problem the unit will not be damaged.
- The Manufacturer specified transformer has a Double bobbin construction.
This method of construction ensures that the mains voltage stays on
the primary side of the transformer, preventing any electrical
connection from the mains to the output. This ensures that the user
is isolated from any mains voltages, even if there is a fault in the
transformer. Please view the cut away photo of the transformer in
the power supply.
As a further assurance to you, the windings are flash tested to 4000 volts
- The Power Supply is IP67 rated. This means it is splash-proof and dust-proof.
- The QEnergySpa is hand made.
Full inspections are carried out at every stage of
manufacture. The QEnergySpa
is fully tested for safety and correct operation prior to leaving the factory.